微软宣布废除员工排名考核

发布者 ourjs  发布时间 1384390829000
关键字 挨踢职场 

员工排名—曾经被很多现在和以前的微软员工认为是一项对公司产生严重损害,严重影响士气的制度,现在被废弃了。

“没有更多的曲线, ”布鲁梅尔在她的电子邮件中说,并且“将不会再预先确定目标”。

虽然其他公司,包括亚马逊,Facebook和雅虎也有类似的员工排名制度,来淘汰他们认为 “表现差”的员工。但似乎只有微软的制度受到了强烈的批评。

2012年“名利场”的封面为“微软失落的十年”,强烈批评了微软CEO史蒂夫•鲍尔默(Steve Ballmer)的排名制度,团队主管需要按一定百分比给员工打分:表现最佳,表现良好,一般和较差。

布鲁梅尔在邮件中说:取消排名的决定是公司的“一个微软”的经营理念和战略的一部分,在以后的绩效考核中会更多地考虑团队精神和协作。

相关阅读:

以下为《员工排序:一对微软员工夫妇的回忆录》一书中披露的微软阴暗面摘要:
第一:员工排序(Stack Ranking):残忍的员工绩效管理方式

员工排序是作者在微软工作期间,微软所采用的员工绩效管理方式。员工排序会把员工与其他员工进行比较。也就是说,即便是所有员工在一个团队中均表现的极为优异,也仅仅只能有若干的员工获得优秀评级。员工排序直接决定了员工的薪酬、奖金和股权奖励。

摘自:前员工出书抨击微软体制:员工绩效管理残忍

附邮件全文:  

To Global Employees,

I am pleased to announce that we are changing our performance review program to better align with the goals of our One Microsoft strategy. The changes we are making are important and necessary as we work to deliver innovation and value to customers through more connected engagement across the company.

This is a fundamentally new approach to performance and development designed to promote new levels of teamwork and agility for breakthrough business impact. We have taken feedback from thousands of employees over the past few years, we have reviewed numerous external programs and practices, and have sought to determine the best way to make sure our feedback mechanisms support our company goals and objectives. This change is an important step in continuing to create the best possible environment for our world-class talent to take on the toughest challenges and do world changing work.

To learn more about the new approach to performance and development, please join me for a Town Hall today at 2:00pm PT, either in person in building 92 or via webcast (see details below).

Here are the key elements:

• More emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. We’re getting more specific about how we think about successful performance and are focusing on three elements – not just the work you do on your own, but also how you leverage input and ideas from others, and what you contribute to others’ success – and how they add up to greater business impact.

• More emphasis on employee growth and development. Through a process called “Connects” we are optimizing for more timely feedback and meaningful discussions to help employees learn in the moment, grow and drive great results. These will be timed based on the rhythm of each part of our business, introducing more flexibility in how and when we discuss performance and development rather than following one timeline for the whole company. Our business cycles have accelerated and our teams operate on different schedules, and the new approach will accommodate that.

• No more curve. We will continue to invest in a generous rewards budget, but there will no longer be a pre-determined targeted distribution. Managers and leaders will have flexibility to allocate rewards in the manner that best reflects the performance of their teams and individuals, as long as they stay within their compensation budget.

• No more ratings. This will let us focus on what matters – having a deeper understanding of the impact we’ve made and our opportunities to grow and improve.

We will continue to align our rewards to the fiscal year, so there will be no change in timing for your rewards conversation with your manager, or when rewards are paid. And we will continue to ensure that our employees who make the most impact to the business will receive truly great compensation.

Just like any other company with a defined budget for compensation, we will continue to need to make decisions about how to allocate annual rewards. Our new approach will make it easier for managers and leaders to allocate rewards in a manner that reflects the unique contributions of their employees and teams.

I look forward to sharing more detail with you at the Town Hall, and to bringing the new approach to life with leaders across the company. We will transition starting today, and you will hear from your leadership in the coming days about next steps for how the transition will look in your business. We are also briefing managers and will continue to provide them with resources to answer questions and support you as we transition to this approach.

I’m excited about this new approach that’s supported by the Senior Leadership Team and my HR Leadership Team, and I hope you are too. Coming together in this way will reaffirm Microsoft as one of the greatest places to work in the world.

There is nothing we cannot accomplish when we work together as One Microsoft.

Lisa